As an employee, you may be able to deduct certain unreimbursed expenses that the IRS considers "ordinary and necessary" to do your job. That would include things like union dues, job-related magazines and books, and other related business expenses.

       You must depreciate the cost of tools used in your work.

      If your job requires you to wear work clothes or uniforms that are not suitable for everyday wear, you may be able to deduct the cost and upkeep. If you purchased an electronic device (e.g., computer, cellular phone, etc)  and use it for business, you may claim a depreciation deduction. In other words, the phone or computer must be a condition of employment, and you have to use them for the convenience of your employer.

Do not forget to keep the records of the business and personal of the those devices to determine the percentage of business use.

      If you moved at least 50 miles in the last year and your move was job-related, you may be able to deduct the cost of moving your household goods and your traveling expenses. Allowable moving expenses are deductible whether or not you use Schedule A and itemize your deductions.

    • Related Articles

    • LOST JOB

      In the case of facing unemployment, there are various job search expenses that qualify as deductions when actively searching for a job in your current profession. It is important to keep in mind that you may not deduct expenses in search of a job in ...

             Changed Job Location Federal tax laws allow you to deduct your moving expenses if your relocation relates to starting a new job or a transfer to a new location for your present employer. To qualify for the deduction, your new work location ...
    • List of Documents to Bring (Company)

      Please bring the following, note that these may not be all applicable to you but these are the basic documents we need in order to start with your Company Tax Return.   1. Any forms you have received (1099...etc) 2. P&L for the company 3. Balance ...