Don't worry, we can help you find out why you got the notice and what, if anything, you need to do next. Just give us a call
Common IRS notices
Here's a list of the most commonly-encountered IRS notices:
- CP11 means the IRS made adjustments to your return that now result in additional taxes owed.
- CP14 lets you know that you still owe the IRS unpaid taxes.
- CP49 informs you that the IRS used part (or all) of your refund to pay off a tax debt.
- CP21B merely informs you that the IRS has made the requested changes to your return, and that you'll be getting your refund soon.
- CP503 is a reminder that you still have an unpaid balance on one of your tax accounts.
- CP504 means the IRS is going to apply your state tax refund to help pay off IRS taxes you still owe.
- CP2000 simply lets you know that the income or payment info on your return doesn't match IRS records.
Although the IRS has done a great job in making their correspondence easier to understand, you may still have questions. No worries we'll be glad to help!